Yr. Converted: 1990
Developer: Urban Neighborhoods
Construction Type: Brick / Heavy Timber
Lofts is located at 15th & Wynkoop Streets, close
to the center of historic Lower Downtown Denver (LoDo).
Just a block from Denver's Union Station and light rail
hub, it's also close to an array of Lodo restaurants,
pubs, museums, and cultural performances.
by renowned Denver architect Frank E. Edbrooke, the five-story
1905 warehouse received an additional floor in 1911. The
building is constructed of molded and pressed brick and
reflects elements of the Neoclassical Revival style in
its massing and trim.
original owners were Spratlen-Anderson, a successful Denver
wholesale grocery business that expanded into the building
upon its completion and remained there until the company
was dissolved in 1923. The subsequent owner, Davis Brothers
Drug Company, occupied the building until 1957. The building
was added to the National Historic Register in 1985.
warehouse was acquired and converted to residential lofts
at the beginning of Denver's lower downtown renaissance
in 1990. As the original loft project in LoDo, most of
Edbrooke's lofts are larger than average, ranging from
1600 sq. ft. to over 4000 sq. ft.
Edbrooke building was one of Lodo's historic brick buildings
that lend themselves well to residential renovation with
exposed heavy timber beams, high ceilings, interior brick
walls and hardwood floors. Because the lofts in Edbrooke
were the original historic conversions and are larger
than normal, it's typical to find a wide variety of interior
designs. Some examples are shown below: